Sunday, October 26, 2008

Day 43

In the neighborhood around Commercial Drive there are a lot of people from many different countries and they decided celebrating a party between everybody. For a few hours, the traffic is stopped in that street and people can leave the promenade to take the road. It's called "Parade of the Lost Souls".

I went with some of my friends. There were a lof of people (some of them wearing costumes) and a very big differences with this kind of parties in Spain: you could see almost nobody sluring, because they didn't sell alcohol (I think that drinking in the street is outlawed here, even in this kind of events).

I liked very much this party. There were different performances at the same time: brazilian bands playing samba, people playing malabars with fire, a shadow teatre... And also they decorated the zone. They were some charity advocates too, collecting donations.

I think it's a very nice idea share different music, perfomances and life ways in the same party. I hope that they would continue organizing it for many years.

No comments: